Things have been busy around our classroom these days. It's that time of year that moments turn into minutes, minutes turn into hours, hours turn into days, and before you know it IT IS JANUARY 20TH!!! I've always heard that life flies by the older you get. I sure hope my little students are enjoying every minute!
We have a new view from our window. Our Discovery Garden is becoming a reality. Earlier this school year I received two grants to change the barren space outside our back door into a outdoor space where children could have hands on experiences with science. This past Monday our Student Council participated in a school beautification day. Parents, students, and teachers made our campus sparkle! Our view is improving by the day. What's coming next you might ask...a compost tumbler, a green house, a mural, and the list goes on!
We have also completed our classroom heritage quilt. It is not a "true" patchwork quilt, but I think it is pretty darn nifty! I am a novice sewer, but maybe one day I will join the quilt making club. Each child contributed a quilt square to highlight their heritage.

No comments:
Post a Comment