
Our class started a book study today on The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brain Selznick. Thanks to our FABULOUS media specialists, Mrs. Anderson and Mrs. Gibson, for having faith in my crazy ideas and purchasing a class set of beautiful hardback books for us to get lost in. We are really enjoying the author's words and artwork already. We hope to finish it this week and head to the newly released movie soon!
Comment on what you think it would be like to live alone in a train station at Hugo's age.

59 comments:
yes i read it last year in only like 2 days !! and thats really good for ME !!!
SCARY!!!
THIS BOOK IS AN AMAZINGLY GOOD BOOK AND IM SERIOSUS IT IS A VERY VERY GOOD BOOK!
It would be scary, lonly and boring.
awful and scary
it was good so far
it would be scary to live in a train station alone
VERY SCARY!!i would be freaked!!
It would be horiffying to live in the walls of a a train station.
the book is awsome like the greatest book i ever read well sixth awsomest book i had read.
it would be frighting!!! i read the book when i was in 1rst grade and i read the whole book last night kaya
Really good book.
and just to leteveryone know we go see the movie mrs whitaker is paying for the snacks dont tell her i said that but i want nachos and pepers whoo hooo
it would be to hard for me! i would ask for jobs and if i diddnt have any books i would just walk strait to the orphanige homefully i can see the movie sat. we are having a yard sale and the choras thing at 4 ughh
That's like, the best book EVER!! (apart from the Harry Potter books)
If I lived alone in a train station.... *thinks hard* it would be horrific at first, but then I'd prob get used 2 it. It would be like a nightmare living without my mom or dad tho (and living with that crappy uncle doesn't count)I don't know how to fix stuff... so I'd be DOOMED!!
I read this in first grade and absoulutely ADOOOORRRRED it. I always thought that it must be extremely lonely, and I probably would've rather gone to a foster home than live there alone in the clock. But keep reading, the book really has a nice ending.
I think It would be pretty cool to live in a wall like that.Oh and the book is very very very very good.Hope to see you after christmas.
cool b00k
go
i am alomst done with the book just a few more page.:)
go?
i finished the book last night with my polka dotted smarty pants on whoo hoo staid up to like 11:01 reading and cant wait to see the movie and i hope the muppets is out too whooo hoo and elmo should be a apart of the muppets anyways im hooked for life the book is so dramaic like me
go hunter? ur so random
I FINISHED IT!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
It's the best book like, ever (apart from the Harry Potter books, of course:)) !! I can't wait to see the movie.
Who is Tommy two-shuz?!
sup everybody
i cant w8 2 c tha movie
what is with all the go's.
go
good book so far and thats not normal to hear from me
Tommy Two Shuz is Thomas.
AND THE BOOK IS AAAAAAMMMMMAAAZZZINNG
thomas love the nick name wish you could read it with us hope to see you after christmas!hope you get everything on youre wishlist!Happy hollidays to everyone!
Finished it. for the 3rd time
I,ve had it since probelly 4 years old. My uncle gave it to me.
How you know it was me clare.
Everthing on my wish list is to be cancer free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
GO!!!!!
go
go
go
go
go
hunter stop!!!!
i am done with the book! yay me!:)
creepy and lonley
hunter if you say go one more time im gonna knock that justin bieber hair right off you face into the trash ok why you gotta be so random hunter with go
go me
guys guess wat i saw thomas yesterday at patrol and i put his sister in his van and i told him hi and that i was the great awesome a. and he said COOL oh yea go me
I know that we all deeply wish you get your Christmas present this year, Thomas. WHO IS BLADECROOK?!?!?!?!?!
<3 amazing a.
PS: JK i"'m not amazing a
it would really suck to be alone
Mrs. Whitaker is shutting the comment section off if you all don't stop the silliness pronto! The question was about Hugo and one comment is all you need. You have one more chance. Got it?
sorry Mrs. Whitaker.
Mrs.Whitaker's right y'all you need yo STOP PUTTING RANDOM COMMENTS! It's annoying. This is for commenting about the book, and educational PURPOSE.
Thank you Mrs.W for finally stopping it... Hopefully
ok
im so soory mrs whitaker for wasting you time with jokes sillyness it wil not happen again for now on we will be really respectful about our comments
now what
O.K.
can we still do the crazy names?
Loved the book.
yes
As long as they are appropriate I think Mrs. W would be fine with it. But I'm not sure
Post a Comment