Our class has spent the last couple of days pondering this question. My students looked completely shocked when I informed them they there were in fact scientist. They looked around and didn't seeing any dorky people in the class with lab coats on, or crazy hair (as pictured above). They assumed that their new fifth grade teacher must be lying to them. Slowly they are realizing that we are all in fact scientists, and you don't have to wait to be "grown up" to be one. They're currently researching some different careers in science and what it means to be a scientist.
So, what do you think a scientist is? Extra credit if you leave a comment!

10 comments:
I never thought of using the title of scientist with kids but it makes sense. Kids are so curious. Always asking the who, what, when, and why's. Their always trying to figure out something. I like your insight.
-Keyshawn's mom
I think a scientist is a person who studies things in the natural world. They ask lots of questions and do experiments to test their hypothesis. When they get results, they share their results. You don't have to wear a lab coat to be a scientist.
i think a scientist is anybody who moves and breaths
I think a scientist is anyone who likes inventing or explorig what the world and everything on it does.
kayas I like the picture
i think a scientist is anyone who has ever researched something or someone, or anyone who has thought of a question
I think a scientist is anyone who stuides this in the world, or outside of that. Or invents, or geniunly just asks questions that are keys to solving the puzzle we call the world.
i like your picture toriann
I think a scientist is someone who makes a lot of money doing something they like! I want to be a scientist!
I think scientist are pretty cool
Post a Comment