Monday, March 28, 2011

You are what you eat?


I'm an omnivore, what about you? I sometimes play with the idea of being an herbivore, because of my love of animals, but it never lasts long. Mr. Whitaker (the former farmer) makes fun of me for tearing up if we pass a lone cow standing in a field, and repeatedly reminds me of that when I eat a burger an hour later!

My students return tomorrow from spring break, and we will be in high gear to do GREAT on the FCAT in two weeks. Fifth graders are tested for on their science knowledge. I have some great budding scientists, so no worries there. In order to make preparation and review fun and educational, our fifth graders will be rotating through the seven fifth grade classes a "musical chairs" review of sorts.

My contribution is life science, more specifically energy transfers through food chains and webs. Click here for a food chain game, and here for a food web game!

No comments: