
I don't know about you, but I am captivated by U.S. history. I have a few students that are too, and I am trying to convenience the others that it's a pretty cool subject. For the last week we have been discussing early colonization of North America. Our topics have been far and wide, but today we discussed the lost colony of Roanoke. What a fascinating story to read, teach, and contemplate. Today student groups had to work on a simulation that put them in the position of colonist that was commissioned by Sir Walter Raleigh to make the voyage from England to the Roanoke colony. They were only able to choose some of the people listed on their sheet to make the trek with them. It was quite interesting to listen to my students debate with one another about who they thought should be able to make the trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment