Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy Fall


Happy first weekend of fall. Doesn't feel like fall around these parts, but we will enjoy our weekend just the same. Don't you wish this was your driveway, or a road leading to a very special place?

I imagine that at the end of the dirt road is a small rust colored cabin with pumpkins on the brick steps, and a beautiful wreath of the door. There is of course a pond out back with a small boat pulled up on the bank. The windows of the cabin are open (because there is 0% humidity in my imaginary place!) and I smell pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in the oven.

Leave a vivid comment about what you imagine is at the end of this dirt road for extra credit in writing!

14 comments:

adrianaej21 said...

i imagine a lovely rose meadow surounded by a freshwater stream where horses and deer come to drink. In the middle of the field,there is a single apple tree where the the old woman that lives in the woods comes to harvest apples for her apple pies at Thanksgiving.

kaitlyn said...

i imagine a very clesn log cabin with i dirt trail out back with a coverd wagon waiting for it to be hitched up.With my german shepard and collie running around wanting a walk and kids running around playing tag.

adrianaej21 said...

Sorry, I had to leave when I was writing . Anyways:

A few yards from the tree, there is a small pumpkin patch that the old lady plants and harvests from every year during Halloween to bake a pumpkin pie for her grandkids. Around the freshwater stream that I mentioned earlier are the woods where the granny lives. It's as dark as the Black Forest in Germany, but it's actually very beautiful and heartwarming. There are a few caves in the woods where the fox or deer sleep in, and ,if you're lucky, you might be able to catch a glimpse of the family of wild horses that roam free there. A magical place this is indeed...

Clare said...

I imagine a small, cozy faded red cabin, with a large wooden door that has a brass door knobb. There is a wreath braided of ivy and numerous fall vines, hung perfectly on the middle. Nestled up in the Smokey Mountains, wide open windows on all four sides show the mpst lovely rolling hills and the thick fog that has settled on it. Smoke billows of from a chimmney and two dogs sit on the porch, a small opening in the back yard has a beautiful pitch black friesian gallops around it's pasture, a lush green opening with a terqouise stream babbling through, the sun is setting and the smell of food wafts up and out of an open window.

adrianaej21 said...

WOW Clare!!! As i was reading that, I got a clear picture of that in my mind!

Clare said...

Thanks Adriana, I love yours too! :)

adrianaej21 said...

:D thanks

Toriann said...

i imagine a house with flowers and birds.there is a barn filleb with hay and chickens. there in a beagle and a dashchund playing.

ariel awesome said...

i imagine a warm steam coming out the top of a wooden cabin surround bye beutiful gardens full of blooming flowers swaying back and forth as the breeze comes bye also i imagine a sparkling clear pond with bright green lily pads with a big broad tree with clolorful bright leaves

kaya said...

i think there is a very old mancine at the end of the road. a old lady/old great great grand mother lives there and was very famous for her baked blue berrie pies. behined the huge and brick house was long rows of blursting of blue blue berries. the old women had one cat named TAZMOMO who she belived lived a human life as a oprea singer.

KYLIE!!!!!! said...

i imagine a room filled with icecream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Anonymous said...

hi people

keyshawn said...

can i have extra credit

Hunter said...

I think that fall wil have the cool air blowing in my awsome hair while I play soccer with super star soccer players,and by the way I am so awsome.