
The month of August kicks off on Monday. Time flies when you are having fun! With just about three weeks until the start of school, here are some things that I suggest you fitting in before the first bell rings.
*Dust off your multiplication flash cards.
*Read a couple more good books and add them to your AR reading log. Can't find your log? Print a new one from the Gilchrist website.
*Wait to buy school supplies until after orientation on August 18th. But if you are DYING to pick up a few things (I love school supplies too!) then get items like notebook paper, pencils, markers, glue, scissors, pencil sharpener, and colored pencils.
*Do some family field trips to places like the Mary Brogan Museum, the Tallahassee Museum, the farmers market, etc. Local businesses and museums need our support.
*Spend the night with friends. Stay up too late, watch funny movies, swim, eat lots of watermelon, and enjoy being a kid!
Can't wait to meet my future 5th graders!

1 comment:
Thanks for the advice and no, I can not believe school has already started but I made sure I had a very fun summer!
Post a Comment