Monday, August 16, 2010

Everything I Need to Know, I Learned at Gilchrist!

Today teachers headed back into their classrooms to prepare for the start of another great year. Some along the halls of Gilchrist could probably set their rooms up with their eyes closed, and some are new to this time of year. We are excited to have two new fifth grade teachers, Mrs. Iott and Mr. Kenton. But I am equally excited to be entering my seventh year of teaching with some very familiar faces. Some of which taught at Gilchrist when I was a student there.



This past weekend my dear friend Brandi and her mother, Mrs. Marsh (our former guidance counselor extraordinaire) threw a beautiful baby shower for my family and friends. Brandi and Katherine were friends of mine at Gilchrist, and have been in my life ever since. We have grown up, but still have a good time giggling together! Now they are mommies and teaching me a thing or two about being a well-balanced mom!



Mrs. Anthony (on the right) taught me in third grade at Gilchrist and helped mold me into the person I am today. Mrs. Dunn (on the left) welcomed me to Gilchrist with open arms when I first returned as a teacher and hasn't stopped offering encouragement!

A few more days until we get to meet our students at Open House! I better run and get some work done!

No comments: