As many of you know we have been working all year on creating an "outside classroom" just outside our back door. It all started when I got sick of looking out our window and seeing dying grass and a VERY bright white wall. Over the past several months we have planted native North Florida landscaping, added a bird feeder, a rain gauge, some great life science children's books, and more. We were just waiting for the white wall to become a beautiful work of art! I wanted a mural that depicted the beautiful side of life science, but the catch was...I wanted my fifth grade students and their third grade science buddies to paint it. Well that's just what's happening! Our fabulous art intern, Miss Roccowich and a team of volunteers got busy designing and sketching out the space. Our art teacher extraordinaire, Mrs. McBride, led our team of artists to the wall today with paintbrushes! It's not quite done yet, so stay tuned!
The plan...

To paint or not to paint, that is the question...

I see you...

Oh deer it's hot out here...

Oh and I forgot to show a couple of pictures from our "Morning with the Authors" last Thursday. The science buddies pair did an amazing job researching and writing a storybook showcasing an endangered ocean animal. They shared their books with A LOT of kindergarten, first, and second graders. Bravo!

No comments:
Post a Comment