Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Girl Can Dream, Can't She?



This past weekend my mom and I headed over to our sister city (I use that loosely) of Monticello. If you haven't visited historic Monticello, you should! The occasion was the Historic Tour of Homes. Since I was a little girl I have adored homes. For years I thought I wanted to be an architect, but soon realized that my talents did not include geometry. Over the years I have come to the conclusion that my deep love of history is why I love homes, especially historic homes. My grandfathers are engineers/architects, so I suppose I get it naturally. I had a drafting table and T-square in my room by age 10. So my dream is to live or just wander through historic homes. Here are a few gems...





I'll settle for this cottage (one of our vocabulary words this week)...wink, wink.



So head on over to Monticello and do some roaming around. When your stomach starts grumbling swing by Tupelo's Cafe and Bakery across from the Opera House. Their sandwiches are to DIE FOR! On your way back home, don't forget to stop for a strawberry shake behind the BP station (I know that sounds sketchy) on the corner of Crump Rd./Chaires Rd. and 90! Enjoy!

No comments: