I headed to south Georgia this weekend with my family to celebrate my mom's birthday. We had a great time, but I learned some things along the way. Lake Blackshear, where we were staying, is a man made lake. That means that engineers had to build a dam to create this body of water. The lake was named after General David Blackshear, who built Fort Early here in the War of 1812 (we talked about this war last week). The lake was created in 1930 when the Flint River was dammed to provide cheaper electricity.
My niece Pearce and I sitting on the dock

On our boat trip around the lake

On our journey home from the lake we stopped by my husband's old farm. I snapped a shot of some honeybees doing their thing. Just a couple of weeks ago we learned about honeybees and even tasted their sweet treat! This is an example of symbiosis, a mutually beneficial relationship. The bees get nectar from the crops and in return the crops get pollinated.
No comments:
Post a Comment