Thursday, November 13, 2008

What Books Do for Us...


We are reading a book right now called Listen. It has been chosen as a Sunshine State Award winning book. It has a great message about the relationship between humans and animals. As I read aloud to the class about a adolescent girl who is trying to tame a wild dog, not because she wants a pet, but because she wants a friend, I realize that is true for most of us. Our pets are one of our closest friends. My dog, Sis, is a great walking companion. Although she has very short legs compared to me, she tries hard to keep up. She brings a smile to my face, and is just down right cute!

I hope that you have an animal in your life that brings laughter into your life! Take time to cuddle up with your pet, and read a good book! Practice makes us better readers!!

No comments: