Many moons ago we had a teacher planning day while I was a student at Gilchrist, and that was the day the Challenger space shuttle exploded 73 seconds after lift off. I remember it well, and I'm sure that most of you reading this do too. The thing I remember the most is that a teacher was on board, and I remember telling my parents who are teachers that she must be the best teacher ever to risk her life for her kids. The legacy of the Challenger astronauts surrounded us today while on our field trip. We gazed at the sky in the planetarium, watched as the Apollo Missions courageously explored our moon, and took on the challenge of mission control and running a spacecraft. The kids had a great time and really rose to the occasion. A big thank you to all of the parents that joined us on our day downtown.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Our Trip to the Challenger Learning Center
Many moons ago we had a teacher planning day while I was a student at Gilchrist, and that was the day the Challenger space shuttle exploded 73 seconds after lift off. I remember it well, and I'm sure that most of you reading this do too. The thing I remember the most is that a teacher was on board, and I remember telling my parents who are teachers that she must be the best teacher ever to risk her life for her kids. The legacy of the Challenger astronauts surrounded us today while on our field trip. We gazed at the sky in the planetarium, watched as the Apollo Missions courageously explored our moon, and took on the challenge of mission control and running a spacecraft. The kids had a great time and really rose to the occasion. A big thank you to all of the parents that joined us on our day downtown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment